Re: Getting P3D out of the US

On Thursday, 20 May 1999, Russ Tillman wrote:

> Rather, may I strongly suggest comments regarding current and/or future
> AMSAT efforts should be forwarded to one of the AMSAT Strategy team members.
> Currently these folks are in the middle of a very tough task of trying to
> chart AMSAT's course for the next five years. They are looking for member
> info and comments on what we should be doing.  Please transmit and not
> broadcast!

"Please transmit and not broadcast"????????

Russ, did I interpret the above paragraph correctly?  Are you suggesting
that Terry and others do not have the right to air their opinions and
views on this Bulletin Board (simply because their views may differ from
your own or AMSATs)?

I certainly hope I'm wrong because I'm a big "Freedom of Speech"
advocate.  This was *America* the last time I checked...not North Korea
(where opinions and views of the masses are suppressed daily).

Terry has the right to say whatever he wants (as long as it's within the
guidelines of this BB).  I may not agree with his views either
concerning the future of P3D but none of us has the right to attempt to
shut him up, OK?

> This echo is read by lots of
> non-AMSAT folks associated with making decisions on our launch opportunity
> and I dare say that their access to this type of talk doesn't help our
> position.

Nevertheless, Terry has the right to be heard (opposing view or not).
You can't muzzle someone's right to his/or her freedom of speech simply
because it may step on the toes of others.  If they're that
thin-skinned, they shouldn't be in the position they're in anyway
(IMHO).

I personally don't agree with the psychology of the KKK...but they can
still obtain a Parade Permit and march down my street with their
placards expressing their views.  It's called FREEDOM Russ.  Live with
it!!!!

73 //Garie  *K8KFJ*
AMSAT #32574