shipping electronics

Paul Beckman wrote:

> I took special note of your comment on Canada's rules. Ever try
>to get *anything* electronic shipped to or from Canada? What a mess!

I have been shipping to individuals in many countries around the world for
the past 12 years. My experience is 'Use the US Post Office'. The packages
arrive promptly without duties. The paperwork on this end is minimal. I
have had bad experiences with FedEX, UPS, DHL etc. as far as duties and
delays. Just had a bunch of hassles this morning shipping FedEX to my
daughter in Hong Kong. I only used them at her insistence, and against my
better judgement. I also shipped a pcb to Canada this morning. No problem
and $2.01 airmail.

ron w8gus.