Need TNC/Data Controller Info.

I've been on the analog sats. for several years (and still loving it!) and am
gathering info. on the digital birds.  Has anyone used the AEA PK-900 for
digital?  I acquired one recently but have no info. on its compatibility with
the digital sats. (Rig is an Icom 820)   AEA/Timewave's web site has some
info on upgrading to 9600 and/or DSP but they don't mention any satellite
modes.  Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks...

Dan Tapper
WA2BTR