Re: Orlando Area Elmer Needed

On Mon, 10 May 1999, Brook Smith wrote:

> I telephoned him after listening to his many attempts to work AO-27
> while not able to hear the downlink.  Bob is interested in getting
> some help from the local amateur satellite operators.  He does not
> currently have email access.

FB Brook! I looked in all the major callbook servers for an email address
for him, but couldn't come up with an address for him. He's got the
tracking figured out... and the uplink freq for AO-27... I'm willing to
donate a couple of bucks to help him get a good whip for his HT so he can
join in on the fun <g>. I'm sitting here wondering how far Ft. Meyers is
from Orlando.... maybe Mike can help him out?

73 Jeff W4JEF

    *--------- Jeff Johns W4JEF - AMSAT# 32615 - QRP-L# 1857 ----------*
    |jeffj@scott.net  w4jef@amsat.org |     Reserve Patrol Captain     |
    |  Satellite: Mir R0MIR-1, AO-27  | Jefferson County Sheriff's Dept|
    |200LX+BayPac+FT50=Portable Packet|     QTH Birmingham, AL USA     |