Re: FT847 Null Modem

John Johnson wrote:

> Could someone explain what a "null modem" RS232 cable is when (9 pin)
> compared to a straight cable...the info is needed for my FT 847..
> Thanks,  I apologize if you receive two versions of this question.
> 73   fer   now            John   KF7LF

John-

The pin connections you received tell you what to do, but it might help
to have a word description to put meaning to the answer.  The concerned
pins are labelled "Request to Send" and "Clear to Send".  By
criss-crossing the connections, the cable always says, "I'm ready" and
does so in both directions.

73-
Fred Roberts, W6TKV
Riverside, CA