Re: AMSAT-BB-digest V1999 #138

>Date: Tue, 27 Apr 1999 16:26:51 -0400
>From: "Tony/AB2CJ" <ab2cj@nais.com>
>Subject: [amsat-bb] Remote sat ops via Iphone
>
>Greetings
>
>A fellow ham and I were considering remote satellite
>operation via the internet, utilizing the IPhone program.
>
>He is not equipped to work satellites, and would like to
>utilize my station via phone link.
>
>Since I would be present at my station (control op) during
>such an experiment ,I think it should be legal in terms of part 97...
>or have I overlooked somthing? Any suggestions?
>
>Thanks
>Tony,
>AB2CJ

Hi Tony and group. This mail got me thinking.

Just consider the implications... You could set up a network of sat-capable
stations around the globe and work through birds even if they were not above
your horizon! My only fear would be the often-substandard audio quality
offered by the Internet...

Also, I guess it could lead to abuse by non-licensed operators, and could be
seen as the lazier members of the fraternity taking advantage of others'
good will.

Nevertheless, the two technologies could complement themselves in a most
interesting manner....

73 from Chris Edmondson, VK3CE
Editor,
Radio and Communications magazine,
Box 1 Yarra Road,
Wonga Park,
Victoria 3115
Australia

Publisher: Radio and Communications magazine
Director: The Radio Book Store

+613 9873 1777  phone
+613 9725 6262  facsimile (home)
+613 9874 4466  facsimile (office)