Re: AO-10 Frecuencies

On 04-27 02:32pm CDT, the following was written:

> I would like to know the AO-10's frecuencies (Uplink/Downlink, mode and
> some interesting event), and the necesary equipment to work with
> Satellites. Thanks for all. I·m a 27CB pirate (pirate because I make DXs by
> RTTY, SSTV,... digital modes in 27MHz) and I would like to listen the
> satellites and in the future I·d earn my callsign to work in 144 MHz.

Although I hate to discourage anybody.... I don't know if I could bring
myself to help a self-proclaimed pirate work one of our beloved amateur
satellites. It's bad enough that 10 meters is under attack from pirates and
truckers with their Ranger radios.

I will, however, wish you the best of luck in getting your license and would
be willing to aid you in any way possible in that quest.

73 Jeff W4JEF

    *--------- Jeff Johns W4JEF - AMSAT# 32615 - QRP-L# 1857 ----------*
    |jeffj@scott.net  w4jef@amsat.org |     Reserve Patrol Captain     |
    |  Satellite: Mir R0MIR-1, AO-27  | Jefferson County Sheriff's Dept|
    |200LX+BayPac+FT50=Portable Packet|     QTH Birmingham, AL USA     |