Re: Nova-FodTrack Problems

At 20:09 4/26/1999 -0500, you wrote:

>I'm using a P400 computer running Win98. I've installed the new version of
>Nova which crashes everytime I try to configure the rotor control for
>FodTrack. Michael Owens told me that it was probably due to the wrong mode
>set for the parallel port in the bios setup. He told me that the
>bi-directional mode will not work. Unfortuneately my Bios system does not
>describe any of the following settings. I have 4 options here - ECP,EPP,SPP
>and ECP+EPP. The EPP setting seems to work fine for the FodTrack software
>and Station, but the same problem occurs when I try to configure Nova. The
>following error messages appear:
>
>Access violation at address 00412FC8 in module NFW32.exe
>Read of address FFFFFFFF
>
>I also have WiSP installed. Any suggestions?
>
>Rick
>W5JAZ
>
>Richard J. Lawn
>Meyerson Centennial Professor
>Co-Director, Jazz Studies
>The University of Texas at Austin
>(512) 471-2369 Office
>(512) 471-7764 Music switch board
>fax 512/471-5784
>Web site: http://jazzed.music.utexas.edu

SPP is the setting for Standard Parallel Port (unidirectional).  I have
experienced similar problems in the past. If I remember correctly, the
solution in my case was either EPP (Enhanced Parallel Port) or ECP
(Extended Capability Port), both of which are bidirectional.

My advice is to experiment and find which setting works best for you.  You
have already experienced the worst case scenario of an incorrect setting :-)

Good luck...

73 de Roger Snyder, K4RS
Internet: k4rs@amsat.org or k4rs@iname.com
AX.25 packet: K4RS @ N4XEO.#FTP.FL.USA.NOAM