PSK31 QSO on AO-10 accomplished

On April 26, 1999 between 2100 and 2151 UTC, Peter, KD7MW of Seattle,
U.S.A. and Frank, DL6DBN of Siegen, Germany had a 2-way QSO on the OSCAR 10
satellite using G3PLX's PSK31 software.

As my earlier one-way test indicated, we really had to work for it,
compensating for transponder frequency shift, QSB and QRN.  The QSO was far
from conversational.  But we did it!

I believe that if PSK31 (or a mode derived from it) is optimized for
satellite use, particularly with regard to frequency control, some nice
possibilities will open up.  My own tests show that when tuned in well,
PSK31 can copy nicely through the very low S/N ratios experienced on OSCAR 10.

If anyone else would like to schedule a PSK contact on satellite, please
email me.

73 from KD7MW,

--- Peter