Date: Sat, 24 Apr 1999 23:19:46 -0400
From: "Michael A. Waldron" <mwaldron@ohio.net>
Subject: [amsat-bb] Which Rotator??

After a very long process, I can see the end of my new (and first)
satellite station setup.

Here's my situation. I indend to have a mostly computer automated station,
with satellite tracking, doppler correction and automated message
processing. I also indend to work the analog birds when I am home.

I had originally planned on a Yeasu G-5400 rotator, connected to a Kansas
City Tracker/Tuner running some yet undertermined software, probably wisp
and nova for windows.

I now have a problem. Yaesu seems to have discontinued the 5400, and
replaced it with a 5500. Is this the same unit relabled? If not, will it
still function via computer control with the KCT/T? Is it as "good" as the
older 5400?

I ask now, becasue I'm heading to dayton, and I'm sure there will be stock
of both units. I plan on having a long lasting installation so I want the
most up to date model, but if there are disadvantages, I need to know about
them to make an informed decision..

thanks for your time

73's de Mike KB8VKF
Michael A. Waldron, KB8VKF