Thanks to all!

Many of you responded to Martha's note that I was in the
hospital for some plumbing repairs. The number of Email
messages and cards I got from you all was incredible. It
helped make this traumatic ordeal bearable.

As an update, the surgery was a triple bypass one week ago
and it seems to have gone quite well. The angina chest pains
that prompted me to go in for tests and resulted in the surgery
were a good early warning signal. I'm told that the heart had
not been damaged and the plumbing fixes went a long way to curing
many many years of bad habits. Unfortunately, they wouldn't issue
a virgin new car warranty!

They sent me home yesterday, 6 days after the surgery with the
comment that hospitals are for sick people. My energy is good and
I'm moving around without a lot of trouble. I'm to remain home-bound
for 6-8 weeks, take it easy, and change all my bad old habits.
So I guess I won't see you all at Dayton this year.

73 & Tnx Agn for all the good wishes -- Tom, W3IWI