RE: QSL Question

In Jeff's original question he stated that Will (N3ZLL) was mobile and NOT
portable.

There is a difference between mobile and portable.

Mobile is in a car, airplane, boat, motor-home -- moving.
Portable is a non-permanent setup than can be packed up and moved easily.

For instance a motor-home sitting stationary in a national park is
considered a portable operation.  A camper with his battery setup is
considered a portable operation, field-day operations are considered
portable.

However, a station in his car or motor-home moving down the road is
considered mobile and is not eligible for most awards.  I doubt that a
station that has stopped along the side of the road would be considered
portable.

You might think that I am quibbling but for contests the rules are usually
quite specific when it comes to mobile and portable operations.

Kevin, WB5RUE

I am Voltohm of Borg, resistance is E/I, power is EI, you will be
attenuated!