Re: QSL Question

Even IF this is true, Will was operating portable.  He was standing in
the clear with an Arrow antenna, a preamplifier, and an HT.  I have
worked any number of rare grids in QSO with several different ops.
K5OE,  XE2YVW, K5VAS, KB2WQM, N7SFI, and several others are famous for
giving some of us rare grids with portable stations.  Jeff, W4JEF, ONLY
works AO-27 in this mode.  Portable operation is very common on the
satellites.  Generally, when you hear an operator announce their call,
QRP, this is the case.

73, Mike

Kevin Muenzler WB5RUE wrote:

> Before you worry about getting a QSL (I assume for VUCC or something like
> that) check the rules to see if mobile rigs are allowed.  Some certificates
> do not count mobile rigs such as maritime, aeronautical, etc. for use in the
> certificate counts.  This would prevent you from having a QSO with a mobile
> in New England and getting six or seven states from the same guy.

                                       __\/__
                                  .oooO   (   )
                                    \_)