Re: New County Award Information

Here is the "Official" Rules of this "Award" from CQ's WebSite:

http://www.cq-amateur-radio.com/usacarul.html

Here they clearly define to important aspects of this award.

1) 500 counties are required to receive your certificate.
2) You MUST "PURCHASE" a "Record Book" at a cost of $2.50.  Not only that... You
ARE required to purchase 2 of these books!  (One for THEIR records, and the
second for YOUR records!).  PLUS Shipping & Handling!

I don't know about you... but I smell a MONEY SCAM throughout this award.

I'm sorry, I am an avid and devoted purchaser of CQ-VHF, and enjoy working all
of CQ's contests, but I don't understand why they (CQ Magazine) are unable to
use MY computer log for county ID's???

It would be little effort on my behalf to include an extra column for counties
in my log!  I think having to collect diskettes would take up less space (as
they would just have to xfer the ascii file (VE3VRQ-2m.TXT / VE3VRQ-6m.TXT) onto
their HDD as bring the diskette home for their kids to copy games onto.

This "Record Book" idea should be SCRAPPED altogether!  Keep the idea alive
though!

INITIATE FLAME RETARDENT SUIT SEQUENCE... 3, 2, 1... ACTIVATION.  SUIT DAWNED.

Your comments (PRO/CON) are always welcome.

VE3VRQ, Michael David Hiltner FN13gx
--

--
73 & Best DX de...
VE3VRQ, Michael
        >>--->   * Active since 06 April 1998: *   <---<<
                 *   ***  6m VUCC #980!  ***   *
                 *******************************
                 * 189 Grids Squares Worked    *
                 * 165 Grids Squares Confirmed *
                 * 842 QSO's (6m Logged)       *
                 * 592 QSL's Mailed Out        *
                 * 401 QSL's Received!         *
                 *    As of: 15 April 1999     *
                 * Rig: Yaesu FT736R @10w      *
                 * Ant: 3ele Cubical Quad @6'! *
                 * Amp: Mirage A1015G 150w     *

       842 Q's x 189 G's = 159,138 Running Logged Points!