Re: Sputnik-99 launch cancelled by Swatch! (fwd)

What a result!
Judging from the number of messages in the newsgroup, you were
definitely a minority group.
So what exactly did you accomplish?
RS-19 coming overhead for 10 minutes, sending signals in the
amateur band. So the signal was an advert - who cares?
Who would have heard it? Just us amateurs.
Maybe the money would have been used to benefit the Mir mission?
Would have been fun to listen.
If you want to save the amateur bands, why not check out the HF
intrusions by broadcasting stations, and undisciplined amateurs.
Leo
G0HZX
Flame away, you sorry bunch.....