ICOM 821H - Problem

 I shall be grateful if someone can help.

I have just got myself a new ICOM 821H and am having a problem with the 2
meter operation.  I have the correct antenna and the SWR is low.  As soon
as I fire the rig it delivers full power for about 30 seconds,  after which
it drops to the minimum. There is probably a protective circuit against
shorts and high SWR.  I have even tried to use a mobile  whip but it does
not help.

The UHF section is all right and delivers the full power.

Perhaps someone may have had a similar problem.  Your help is deeply
appreciated.

73

Sangat, 9M2SS

Sangat Singh, 9M2SS