Re: Swatch, etc.

On Mon, 5 Apr 1999, Andrew Reynolds wrote:

> If Swatch wants to sponsor a satellite, I'd be willing to let them slap
> their corporate logo all over any non-essential surface(s) on any
> satellite they choose to back, and show tape of it and it's launch
> until the cows come home. I do, however, draw the line at handing them
> control of what goes out over that satellite.....

Check out the page at:

http://www.swatch.com/beatnik/beatnik_big.php3?look=beatnik_big_back

And you'll see that Swatch has _already_ slapped their corporate logo over
their futuristic-looking computer graphic images of the "Beatnik" on their
web site.  Even though _we_ know that these pictures are somewhat
different from the appearance of the actual sat, the public doesn't.

As far as the public is concerned, those logos might as well be all over
the satellite, since Swatch has never mentioned anyone else having
participated in the process of building it.

Rob

--
Rob Carlson, KC2AEI | rcarls2@umbc.edu | http://rob.carlson.org