thoughts on messages to Swatch

Many of you have been posting comments regarding Beatnick and the unfortunate
Swatch marketing campaign to the www.swatch.com site.  The Swatch name
represents only a small portion of the very large company known as the Swatch
Group.  Swatch Group employs over 18,000 people worldwide.  They sell their
products under a long list of brands, including such names as Swatch, Omega,
Blankpain, Calvin Klein, Hamilton,Rado, and many more.  They also have
divisions involved in electronic components, real estate, etc.  The company's
main web site is www.swatchgroup.com  .  (This is very slow to access from
the US.  It is also graphics and java intensive, which may make it slow when
viewed from anywhere.)

While there may be some value in posting messages to the bulletin board that
the marketing people have created on www.swatch.com, I believe there could be
more value in communicating directly with employees of swatch group.  The
swatchgroup site invites comments to the following addresses:

info@swatchgroup.com
press@swatchgroup.com
investor.relations@swatchgroup.com

In addition, the following addresses were found on InterNIC:

james.aschberger@swatchgroup.com   -- in charge of swatch-beatnick.com domain
daniel.toggweiler@swatchgroup.com

fs@mail.cogito.de   -- in charge of the swatch.com domain

daniel.toggweiler@smh.ch  -- in charge of swatchgroup.com domain
claudine.froehlicher@smh.ch

Rather than, or perhaps in addition to posting your thoughtful comments to
the www.swatch.com bulletin board, you may wish to send an email message to
all of these people.  They will surely forward such messages to the
appropriate corporate person.  You may wish to send the messages to these
individuals one at a time, for maximum impact, or you may wish to send to
them all at once.  I do not suggest that you do anything rude.  It is
probably best to send your message only once, or perhaps once every few days.
 It would be an exceptionally bad idea to mail bomb them.  I am not
suggesting that.  I am suggesting polite messges from a large number of
amateur radio operators worldwide.

If 1% of amateur radio operators worldwide sent email messages to swatch
group corporate, that would be a tremendous number of messages, and would get
their attention quite nicely.

I have formatted these addresses below in a way that may be easier for you to
cut and paste into your email program:

info@swatchgroup.com,
press@swatchgroup.com,
investor.relations@swatchgroup.com,