Re: SWATCH Outrage

Norbert Notthoff wrote:

> Swatch did not understand at all. I found this text on their web site:
>
> > Our idea came out of a very democratic intent: to open up the possibility
> to send messages
> > into space to as many people as possible. The only way to achieve this
> goal was to use as
> > many media as available, with the purpose of not excluding anybody.
>
> >  We feel that providing everybody with a microphone for the world and the
> universe and
> >  exercising the freedom to transmit messages, in addition to being a duty
> towards those
> >  who have believed in us and in our scheme, is positive for that which is
> freedom of
> >  expression.
>
> >  As always there has never been a better cause than the fight to gain any
> kind of freedom.

What noble intentions!  I think everybody in the world should be able to
use Swatch's telephone system as "a microphone for the world and the
universe and excercising the freedom to transmit messages."

But I think there's a pretty slim chance of Swatch volunteering to use
their own facilities when ours are available.

N9LTD