Re: (Fwd) Well, Maybe One More!

> De : Tim <ka8ddz@eaglequest.com>
> Cc : amsat-bb@AMSAT.Org <amsat-bb@AMSAT.Org>
> Date : mardi 6 avril 1999 00:05
> Objet : <Autofrwd>Re: [amsat-bb] (Fwd) Well, Maybe One More!
>
> Tim wrote:
>publish keps, blah blah blah. I'd have a different attitude if they
>published a
>letter written to Swatch explaining thier position, the sensitive nature of
> the
>transmissions with the amateur community and a possible solution to make
> everyone
> >happy.
>
>Tim ka8ddz

You seem to be rather suspicious about the AMSAT-France attitude with
Swatch company.
I confirm however that, as soon as we knew that Swatch intended not to
sponsor the RS-19 satellite project, but wanted to use it for
advertising, we sent them the ITU regulations in english and french by
fax (I can send you a copy of the receipe if you don't believe me).
Moreover, one of us spent a full week-end trying to convince Swatch that
russian SCSC did not tell them the full story (i.e. the amateur bands
are not open for commercial). Again, if you would like to pay his
international phone call bill, it is sure ok for our friend. Our
efforts, as you know, were useless. We cannot understand why Swatch
keeps on with the illegal use of radioamateur frequencies. If SCSC in
russia accepts to be out of international laws for its own reasons, we
can hardly accept that a well known swiss company does the same. We hope
that IARU will not let this happen without a strong reaction.

73's de Bernard, f6bvp

President AMSAT France
http://www.ccr.jussieu.fr/physio/amsat-france/
Homepage http://www.ccr.jussieu.fr/physio/f6bvp/