Re: (Fwd) Well, Maybe One More!

funny thing about this....

in houston we had a sports/entertainment center call the summit. compaq
donated some money to the city of houston and it is now called the compaq
center.

we have a new baseball field in the process of being built. enron just
announced they will give some $100 million to the city so that it will be called
enron field.

next, will some company donate money and change the name of a city to
their name?

it appears that not only does money talk in city government but now, in
amateur radio as someone has taken a lot of money to allow swatch to do
their thing.

73...bruce

Houston, Texas                                   or: kk5do@hal-pc.org
AMSAT Area Coordinator
Houston AMSAT Net - Tuesday, 8PM CDT on GE-1 (W1), T12, 5.7MHz at 103 deg