Kenwood TH D7 with aprs icon

Hello, name here is Carl.

The following two questions have to do with programming the Kenwood TH D7A.

I have been trying to set an "icon" of my selection in the program setup,
but all I get out (as viewed on my aprs-sa software on another radio) is a
sailing boat.      Has this been a similar experience of other users,  or is
something left out of the instruction book or I am not understanding?

When I view the data from the tnc on this other radio, there are some
combinations of characters, which probably define this icon, but I am not
knowledgeable yet of this shortcut.

Question two; where can I find more detail on these unique codes, icons and
or methodology that I want to be correct in using?

Thank you all for reading this.