Re: (Fwd) Well, Maybe One More!

Cliff,

I might well be.  What I would hope the amateur community WILL do is
temper their responses in a responsible manner, and not create an air of
contempt.  Our goal should be that through peaceful, intelligent,
positive actions, we enlist others to join in our hobby.

I HAVE been looking at the long term; the prospects both thrill and
scare me.  I see an aging constellation of useful amateur satellites,
while the sky fills with commercial hardware.  Amateur/commercial
alliances, in good taste, COULD begin a renaissance in amateur satellite
technology.

As always, humans have selective morality.  A few months ago, while SSTV
signals were being sent from MIR, and voice contacts were being made on
amateur frequencies, which cosmonaut held the Russian amateur ticket?
Was the amateur community up in arms?  Were rules broken?  And here
we're squawking about the word "beat" being transmitted on a digitalker.

Cliff, you're not crazy, but try to think through this and see the
benefit to the amateur satellite program.

Clifford Buttschardt wrote:

> Mike, your crazy!  Try and look at this from a long term standpoint rather
> than something that solves an immediate problem.  Cliff K7RR

                                       __\/__
                                  .oooO   (   )
                                    \_)