Re: (Fwd) Well, Maybe One More!

I must admit fellas, I think some of the posters here are really over
reacting,
"this one has to be stopped"? This one WHAT? The messages being solicited
make no mention of Swatch, only that the word 'beat' must be included. So a
.wav file is transmitted that says " My heart beats for for my girlfriend
Pam" what is so wrong with this, as long as the station identifies with an
amateur callsign why is this so bad?

Is it any different from allowing any other 3rd party traffic? So it's
sponsored by a commercial organization, I'll be if Yaesu or Kenwood were the
sponsor everyone would be jumping to send a nifty .wav file. Already you are
assuming that this operation is somehow illegal and mention boycotting
Swatch and I fail to see how anyone can come to that conclusion with so
little information. If the message says "Swatch supports Amateur Radio"
would that make it O.K.?

My point is, before we all BLAST the Swatch company, why not ask them what
their intentions are with respect to advertising etc.

Tim ka8ddz