'821H Problem Update

Well, I reversed the connections on my KP2/70 preamp today (input from
antenna and output to radio) after visiting relatives for Easter.  The
controller wouldn't turn on in the shack.  Apparently, the controller is
smart enough to know which side of the preamp should be energized.

I believe that my other query of the AMSAT-BB reflector "FO-20, 29" is
stemming from my perceived problems with my rig.  What appears to be
happening is my mic input is getting into my speaker output.  This is only
occurring in mode JA.  I didn't have any problems with AO-27 earlier in the
day.  I can also hear my downlink on AO-10 (barely - running barefoot on
uplink and downlink) with no problems - this was just tested and I heard no
noise coming from the mic, just the barely audible "KS4AW."

Does anyone know what the problem is that I am having and how to fix it.  It
is quite annoying...

Thanks.

Joel
OM:  Joel B. Black, KS4AW     XYL:  Kristie H. Black, KF4CHN
Eutaw, AL...............EM62bv     kahblack@mindspring.com
AMSAT member #32589
jbblack@mindspring.com
ks4aw@amsat.org