Re: 736r mutec mods

"Alan Bethel KE6QIS" writes:

> i have a quick question. what are the 'mutec mods' for the 736? and
> do they help as far as the rx sens. of the rig? i have real low 's'
> readings on to-31 and uo-22 and i was wondering if they would be a help.

Mutek is a British Company; they have a *good* reputation for VHF gear.
Cheap they ain't ... but if you want the best you have to pay for it.
I have one of their units (for the IC-251).

Home page  http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/mutek/
FT736 mod on  http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/mutek/rpcb.htm
I didn't look at the price though.

73