Re: ISS VISIBLE?

Doug,

The ISS is DEFINITELY visible if you are in the right place and at the
right time.  Try out this web site to help you determine when it might
be possible:

	http://acsprod1.acs.ncsu.edu/scripts/HamRadio/sattrack

Just remember, these conditions must exist before you can see the ISS:

1) The ISS must be over your horizon, and higher that 10 degrees in
elevation (+/-).
2) The sky must be relatively clear, with stars visible.
3) It should be relatively dark, and somewhat free of ambient light
(find a dark location away from city lights).
4) It must be 60 - 90 (+/-) minutes before/after sunrise/sunset for best
visibility.

The kids and I have been fortunate in that we have been able to see ISS
on a few occasions.  Our most consistent sighting however is Hubble,
which is very easy to find and track with the naked eye.

73, Mike

--
                                       __\/__
                                  .oooO   (   )