Re: GPS suppression

On Fri, 2 Apr 1999, Don DeJarnette - Simplecom wrote:

> This military official probably meant to say that the Air Force Space
> Command would now begin to institute "Selective Availability" and "Anti-
> Spoofing". What this means to the civilian GPS user is that the accuracy of
> your hanheld will be reduced from RMS accuracy (about 15 meters) to 100
> meters. This is unless you use Differential GPS (DGPS). The signal is not
> continuously degraded but "selectively" degraded.

I thought that SA is generally on all the time?  I also heard that it can
be disabled in various parts of the world, should there be insufficient
supplies of the military GPS (as was the case in Kuwait), so should the
Serbs suddenly find SA has been turned off...

--
Dave Horsfall VK2KFU  dave@geac.com.au  Ph: +61 2 9978-7493 Fx: +61 2 9978-7422
Geac Computers P/L (FGH Division) 2/57 Christie St, St Leonards 2065, Australia