736r help

hi the name here is alan and i recently picked up a 736r. i hooked up my
mast mount
mirage kp mast mount preamps and notice something weired.
  only when the preamps are on, when the rig first keys up it will imediatly
jump to
about 3/4 power then 'ease' the rest of the way to full power. again this
does not
happen when the amps are off.
  the amps are powered via the rig. (d.c. via coax)
  this never was a problem with my past rig.
  i remember hearing something about this i.e. a fix or cure. (something
about the
r.f. agc or maybe running a line to the key jack on the preamps.
  if you know could you please e-mail me back? thanks alan.

nnnn
Alan Bethel KE6QIS
KE6QIS Satellite Operations Center
grid CN70vs