Re: (Fwd) Win Orbit 3.5

Glezev Alexander Krassimirov wrote:

> Hello All!
>
> I just downloaded the WinOrbit 3.5 tracking program. I need
> information as to how to input the current Keplerian elements
> (assuming that I have them) for a given bird, say Mir, in it. I would
> appreciate any help from users of the same program. Thanx and have a
> good time working the birds!
>
> Alex, LZ2CAG from qth loc. KN23XU
> *******************************

Hi Alex,

from WinOrbit help file:

AutoUpdate of Keplerian Elements

WinOrbit provides the capability to automatically update the Satellite
Database.  This is accomplished by searching for any file with the
standard extensions (*.KEP, *.2LI, *.TLE) in a subdirectory called KEPS.
The search is done automatically when the program starts.  Any files with
date and time more recent than the last update are read.  The elements are
sorted together with the existing ones, and any old element sets (Epoch
older than the most recent epoch for a satellite with the identical name)
are deleted.

To enable this feature, choose Options:Misc Settings, and check the box
for AutoUpdate.  Then Save Settings.   Henceforth, just save your new kep
bulletin files in the proper directory, and you're always up to date.

Ciao...

--
         Lucio Perrone
          P.O.BOX 172