Re: QSL Confusion

At 12:23 PM 21-03-99 -0600, jbblack@mindspring.com wrote:
>I am in the process of designing my QSL card.  I noticed that the AMSAT
>emblem on the web page is a "registered" trademark.  To whom would I speak
>about using that emblem on my QSL card?

Thanks for asking!!  And, you are exactly right.  The AMSAT name and logo
are registered trademarks of the Radio Amateur Satellite Corporation.
Permission is required for QSL's, web pages, and all other cases where
someone wants to use the AMSAT name and/or logo.

There is a simple procedure we must use to protect our name and trademark.
You'll need to provide a sample of your proposed use and get a letter from
the office granting permission.

Write to Martha in the office, martha@amsat.org, for complete details.

73, art.....