RE: AO-27 and MIR on an HT?

> Getting into the satellite can be done with a short rubber
> duck and low power
> only if given a chance by the higher power stations. Your HT
> and rubber duck
> will lose out to a mobile and quarterwave magmount antenna
> which will lose out
> to an 5 watt HT with a 3 element yagi which will lose out to
> the 25 watt OSCAR
> station using a 20 element cross yagi which will lose out to
> the EME station!

Yep... the few times I have tried, could hear just fine, but
kept getting stepped on by some order of the above.  Just
my opinion, but unless you have something more substantial
on a weekend, you are just lower than whale shit.  Best to
stick to something with a transponder that lends itself
better to sharing, or get more ERP.

My experience only, YMMV.

Vy73,  Mike.  KD9KC.  MARS: AAV6EV
kd9kc@whc.net    -    kd9kc@amsat.org