Re: AO-27 and MIR on an HT?

On Thu, 18 Mar 1999 16:52:21 EST, JDWalkerJr@aol.com wrote:

> Yours is the first mention I have heard about the use of a "metal reflector."

The best description I have heard of this was in an email from KD6PAG , he
explained to me that I could use a metal chainlink as a counterpoise. I
think he subscribes to the list and will hopefully explain this once again.
I have had the opportunity to try it a couple of times and it really works!

73 Jeff W4JEF

    *--------- Jeff Johns W4JEF - AMSAT# 32615 - QRP-L# 1857 ----------*
    |jeffj@scott.net  w4jef@amsat.org |     Reserve Patrol Captain     |
    |  Satellite: Mir R0MIR-1, AO-27  | Jefferson County Sheriff's Dept|
    |200LX+BayPac+FT50=Portable Packet|     QTH Birmingham, AL USA     |