Re: KO25 Question

Gary,

You will not hear any "packet bursts" from the 9600 baud satellites.  The FSK
data signal just sounds like white noise.

The only indication you will get is that you will see the S-Meter rise.  In
Vicksburg,  Bob Bruniga was getting good S-Meter readings from the 9600 baud
satellites with a hand held 3 element yagi.

You will need to adjust for doppler shift.  To start with, the best thing would
be to have the computer tracking the satellite and have someone else calling out
the azimuth/elevation and the doppler corrected frequency.  Otherwise,  you will
find that you don't have enought hands/eyes ;-)

Good luck.

John Melton,  n6lyt/g0orx