Re: Rumored band auction

We have lost nothing.  LMS is a location and monitoring service that will
locate and monitor the position of assets by reporting their location via
radio.  We have always had this band on a nonexclusive basis.  We share
with part 15 devices and location devices.  Location has alway had
priority.  We have priority over part 15.  The status has not changed,
only, possibly, the number of players.

73

At 07:33 PM 3/12/99 -0500, KF4FDJ (Mike in Ft. Myers, FL) wrote:
>John and group,
>
>What does all this mean?  Did we lose our amateur allocation?  What is
>LMS?  Is it low power telemetry which must coexist with existing
>allocations?
>
>If somebody can give an analysis, I'd be appreciative.
>
>Did anybody see this coming?  Did the ARRL warn us of this auction?
>What impact will it have on amateur activity in this band?
>
>Thanks,  Mike
>

>> Today the Commission's Location and Monitoring Service (LMS) auction, which
>> began on February 23, 1999, closed after 54 rounds, raising a total net
>> revenue of $3,438,294.00. The auctioned spectrum is located in the
904.000 -
>> 928.000 MHz Band.
>>
>> A total of 528 multilateration LMS licenses were simultaneously auctioned.
>> One license for each of the three spectrum blocks in each designated
>> Economic Area (EA) was auctioned: Block A has a total bandwidth of 6.00
MHz;