Re: Wisp and LO-19

At 02:02 PM 3/12/99 -0500, kf8bex wrote:
>I was playing around with my Motorola EVM and was attempting some
>communication with LO-19. Last night, right in the middle of the
>pass at approximately 11:00, the downlink disappeared. Is this
>normal in the mode LO-19 is in right now?

Not as far as I know.

>Before this occurred, I was trying to connect to it with Wisp. I
>couldn't get anything but a few frames of the usual pacsat "uptime"
>etc. information. Are there particular settings in Wisp that have to
>be enabled, i.e., in the "Satellite" menus where you can select "BBS" or
>Analog" etc.

That's not a WiSP settings problem, that's just what LO-19 is
doing these days. The BBS software is not active on LO-19.
You won't be able to do much more than watch the uptime.

Try AO-16 instead, it's working normally (1635+ days in a row!).
It could use some more activity.

73  -Paul
kb5mu@amsat.org