Re: Orbit number

On Fri, 12 Mar 1999 12:13:02 -0500 (EST), kd2bd@atc106.ml.org wrote:

> There's no need to adjust the PC's clock/calendar to do this.  Just enter
> the date and time in question into the starting time of PREDICT, and
> the program will start making orbital predictions at the date and time
> specified.  :-)

Duh.... I use it every day and am just so used to hitting the enter button
for the 'Now' time I forgot about that. I'm sorry :(

> BTW, I'm working on a new version of PREDICT that will allow more
> flexibility and add some additional features.  I've made LOTS of internal
> changes to the program over the past few weekends (ever wonder why SpaceNews
> has been going out late recently?).  The DOS and Linux versions will be
> virtually identical in features.  You'll need at least a 386 to run the
> new DOS version since it is being compiled under a 32-bit compiler.

So.... I can't use the new version on my trusty HP200LX <sniff, sniff, tears
falling>. I really like the software, it's lean and mean and quite simple to
use and highly recommend it!

I'd love to get a copy of the new version when it's available! Keep up the
good work on SpaceNews, it's always a good read.

73 Jeff

    *--------- Jeff Johns W4JEF - AMSAT# 32615 - QRP-L# 1857 ----------*
    |jeffj@scott.net  w4jef@amsat.org |     Reserve Patrol Captain     |
    |  Satellite: Mir R0MIR-1, AO-27  | Jefferson County Sheriff's Dept|
    |200LX+BayPac+FT50=Portable Packet|     QTH Birmingham, AL USA     |