Re: Orbit number

On Fri, 12 Mar 1999 00:46:40 +0000, Francisco Costa <nop06152@mail.telepac.pt> wrote:

> Can anyone point me to a tracking program that output orbit
> number if we input date and time (of a specific sat)?

Predict, by John Maglicone KD2BD, is a simple, but effective tracking
program that outputs data in a tabular format which includes the orbit
number of the particular satellite you are tracking. I guess you could alter
the date and time on your computer to accomplish what you are asking. I do
know there are some web sites that do what you are asking, but with some
satellites, I wonder how accurate they are for any length of time into the
future, especially with a bird like Mir which can sometimes alter it's orbit
quite a bit over a 24 hour period.

73 es gl Jeff W4JEF

    *--------- Jeff Johns W4JEF - AMSAT# 32615 - QRP-L# 1857 ----------*
    |jeffj@scott.net  w4jef@amsat.org |     Reserve Patrol Captain     |
    |  Satellite: Mir R0MIR-1, AO-27  | Jefferson County Sheriff's Dept|
    |200LX+BayPac+FT50=Portable Packet|     QTH Birmingham, AL USA     |