Re: Downlink Heard!

I'm hoping on hearing the same wonderful sounds in the next couple of weeks!
I'm in the process of designing / constructing / manipulating a 18 ele cross
polarized Yagi-Uda for 435 MHz.  I'll be using kinda slim steel elements ("piano
hinge wire" used to hold the leading edge of the CC130 Hercules aircraft.  Scrap
I decided to recycle.).  First off, I'll try a single yagi, then I'll slide in
the second on the 11' 2 x 2 pine I purchased for the boom.  Should be kinda
funny looking when its finished.  Lets just hope this wild & crazy idea pans
out!

Right now, I have no pre-amp for 432 MHz, but I've done so much barefoot, I
think I might start Satellite Operations w/ 25w and no pre-amp.  Just the
antenna(s) to do the job for me for now.

Lets all cross our fingers, then I'll cross the polarization!

--
73 & Best DX de...
VE3VRQ, Michael
        >>--->   * Active since 06 April 1998: *   <---<<
                 *   ***  6m VUCC #980!  ***   *
                 *******************************
                 * 189 Grids Squares Worked    *
                 * 165 Grids Squares Confirmed *
                 * 839 QSO's (6m Logged)       *
                 * 592 QSL's Mailed Out        *
                 * 396 QSL's Received!         *
                 *    As of: 10 March 1999     *
                 * Rig: Yaesu FT736R @10w      *
                 * Ant: 3ele Cubical Quad @6'! *
                 * Amp: Mirage A1015G 150w     *

       838 Q's x 189 G's = 158,382 Running Logged Points!