Mini DX-pedition

     Greetings fellow hams,

     My name is John, N8QGC.  I will be on my first vacation in a long time
     later this month.  A note of interest is that I will be operating my
     station on AO-27 from St. Thomas, U.S. Virgin Islands.  I am going to
     be on a Caribbean cruise on Carnival Cruise Lines.  If all goes
     according to plan I will operate from the ship while we are in port in
     St. Thomas.  This would make me maritime mobile.  If I can't get
     permission to do so then I'll just be operating from the shore of the
     island.

     I will operate for 1 or 2 passes on March 25 1999 in the morning.  My
     equipment is the New Arrow satellite antenna, which features a split
     boom, and my Alinco DJ-G5T dual band HT.  If there is enough interest
     I may even do a special QSL card.  Just thought I'd pass this one out
     for fun.  I am going to try to operate on the morning of the 24th from
     Puerto Rico if I can, however it does not look good.

     Here's the callsigns to watch for:

     N8QGC/KP2 maritime mobile
     N8QGC/KP2 portable
     N8QGC/KP4 either maritime mobile or portable in Puerto Rico

     Thought I'd pass this out in case anyone needed the U.S. Virgin
     Islands.

     73 De John N8QGC