Re: TNC Question

Jim,

The manual is correct.

                Table 2-4.  DIP switch settings for serial port
                                  baud rates.

                    Baud Rate   Switch  1   2   3   4   5

                       300             ON  OFF OFF OFF OFF
                      1200             OFF ON  OFF OFF OFF
                      2400             OFF OFF ON  OFF OFF
                      4800             OFF OFF OFF ON  OFF
                      9600             OFF OFF OFF OFF ON

          CAUTION:  Only one of these switches may be ON at any time.

In addition, SW7 should be ON for a 1200 baud radio port rate.

If this doesn't work, something is broken in your TNC.

The updated TAPR TNC-2 manuals, from which the MFJ 1200/1270 manual was
adapted, is available from:

ftp://tapr.org/software_lib/tnc/tncdocs.zip

This may have a bit more troubleshooting information than is contained in
the MFJ manual.

Bob Nielsen, W6SWE