RE: Grid Square for Guantanamo Bay Cuba

Hello Garie,
I did some looking and found the lat/long for Guantanamo Bay to be 20 09
and 75 14.  I am not sure how
good the source is, but that generates a grid square of FL20.  I have
looked at some other maps and
I would think the latitude is more like 19 95+ and closer to 75 05.  This
gives a grid square of FK29.

What I think is happening is there is a city of Guantanamo and the bay.
They are a number of miles from
each other with the bay being south enough to be in a different grid
square.

My best guess would be the proper grid square for the bay is FK29 and the
city is FL20.
Maybe someone else can come up with a better answer.

Larry E. Schroeder
ImagePlus ESA Support
T/L 526-0367 /  919-486-0367
LARRYLES @ IBMUSM21