Re: Potato masher mounting question

Steve,
Great!  You have a FB plan for mounting the TPMs.  Perhaps others on the BB
might want to consider this kind of simple (& cheap) approach.  I have seen
the schedule 40 PVC in 20' lengths at the big hardware stores, which allows
you to avoid a coupling in the mast.  I might suggest 1-1/2" is plenty stout
(assuming you are only sticking up a few feet above the rooftop) and it will
still fit standard brackets and U-bolts.  I don't think the 2" PVC will be an
easy match to available mast brackets or hardware.  It is also easier to find
the 1-1/2 -> 1" adapters for the TPMs.  RS has some usable 4" deep brackets
that will mount on your facia board to support the PVC mast.

Since the mast is PVC, I might suggest you ground the coax where it enters the
shack AND ground your V/UHF rig(s).

The short coax run is pretty significant if you don't have or plan to use a
preamp.  As long as you can get a clear shot at the horizon, getting higher
just adds losses.

I look forward to seeing you on the birds, 73,
Jerry