Re: Mir SSTV at night?

Sid,

Yes they send at night. Some times the camera is just left in the window to
send what ever is in sight and the fun is you never know what you'll get.
I received an interesting sequence a couple of weeks ago that shows a shot
over Wyoming, then
one showing Lake Huron & Lake Michigan, then an actual picture of the
greyline to darkness, then
a shot in complete darkness. A very interesting sequence. Ian Koenig who
runsa great Mir picture web site has the sequence on his site at:

 http://www.kmed70.freeserve.co.uk/kmed70/mirstuff/othergall.htm

The fact that you are in Hawaii, aside from making us all jealous, is that
you can copy unique shots that will be replaced by other pictures by the
time the station passes over us east of you. One of the interesting facets
of this use of sstv is that different places get different shots and seeing
what other stations receive is almost as much fun as receiving your own.

Good luck this weekend let us know if you get some nice shots.

Al Emer N2YAC