RE: (bad experiences with) WWVB clock time

These little things are actually only as accurate as their application.  If
there is a good, interference-free signal then you should never any errors.
There are very many things that will interfere with the clock and since
there is no error-correction or error detection in the internal software
this can be a problem.

Your computer monitor is a BIG source of interference since many use a sweep
frequency near or at 60kHz.  Computers, networks, microwave ovens, LIGHT
DIMMERS and the like are big sources of interference.  Several years ago I
built a time reference that uses the 60kHz carrier of WWVB and divides it
down to 60Hz for a digital clock.  It is amazing what things will interfere
with that!

So it isn't the fault of the clock (really) it is just that there are very
many things that will interfere with the signal.  Clean signal, good time;
noisy signal bad time.

Kevin, WB5RUE
wb5rue@stic.net
I am Voltohm of Borg, resistance is E/I, power is EI, you will be
attenuated!