Re: (bad experiences with) WWVB clock time

At 10:28 PM 3/3/99 -0600, Mike Murphree wrote:
>These are also made by Oregon Scientific.  I bought one at Fry's Electronics
>in Anaheim, CA  a month or so ago for $30 on sale.

I won one of the Oregon Scientific WWV clocks in a raffle at a convention
last month.  To my surprise, it is a Most Inaccurate Clock.  When it
receives a signal, it often jumps to the wrong time.  If I look at it a few
hours later, it is often off by a different amount of time.

My sundial is more useful.

WWV clocks have never worked well.  I had one 15 years ago that was also
flaky.  Most people have trouble with fading or weak signals on the WWV
frequencies while using a little antenna.  Seems like now that we have so
many other good ways to get time (internet, GPS, etc), maybe its time to
just forget about WWV.