Re: AO-27 TEPR State

On Tue, 2 Mar 1999 20:31:20 -0500, "Chuck Wyrick" <cwyrick@mediaone.net> wrote:

> On Monday March 1, 1999 I reset the TEPR states on AO-27 as follows:
>   TEPR 4 is 24
>   TEPR 5 is 60
>
> In my non-technical terms this means that the transmitter will turn on 12
> minutes after it enters the sun and shut off 18 minutes later.

Thanks for resetting it Chuck!

> Within the next several days we will be taking a couple of days worth
> telementry data, therefore, AO-27 will not be available for analog
> communications, during the data gathering.

Will you be advising via the list what days it will be?

> AO-27 has exceeded it design life cycle and we are going to give it a
> "physical" to see how healthy it is....We believe it to be in very good
> health, but a check-up won't hurt.

I hope she is doing well!

> Hope everyone is enjoying this Bird....

I, personally, enjoy the heck out of it and would hate to see it go away!

73 Jeff W4JEF

    *--------- Jeff Johns W4JEF - AMSAT# 32615 - QRP-L# 1857 ----------*
    |jeffj@scott.net  w4jef@amsat.org |     Reserve Patrol Captain     |
    |  Satellite: Mir R0MIR-1, AO-27  | Jefferson County Sheriff's Dept|
    |200LX+BayPac+FT50=Portable Packet|     QTH Birmingham, AL USA     |