Re: Laser Satellite Comms

 This is a little off topic, but I am curious how the following
would affect the efficiency of a lunar or satellite reflector.
When I used to work for the Army, I ran accross some little
cubical reflectors, which I think were about 2" on a side. the
interesting thing about these things is that one side was open,
and inside the cube was an array of mirrors arranged so that
no matter what direction they faced they would return light to
the source. Ie you could see your image no matter how you
hold the thing.  I think the things were originally intended to be
used for reflecting a laser back to the source , but the
application was never pursued.  In any event, it would seem
that if reflectors of this type were placed on a sat it would
increase the residence time of the returned signal. I am not
sure how the reflectors worked, and it is possible that to
function that they gave up some percentage of their reflective
cross area, but it seems you would get this back by getting
return from multiple mirrors.  I hope I haven't remembered what
these reflectors do wrong.  Has anyone else ever heard of
such reflectors?