RE: Re: 92 ohm line

	John's suggestion of using 2 sections of RG-58 (the second example)
is sound.  It maintains the balanced feed arrangement between the loops and
may negate the anomaly I noted in the article dealing with the unbalanced
feed arrangement.  If anyone tries this out, let me know how it works.

	Just as info on the same topic, I have successfully used the
configuration in John's first example below as a matching transformer when
feeding two 50 Ohm antennae (common application for sat work).  I find it
far simpler and more accurate than the methods presented in most of the
literature.  My particular application was two 70 cm quagi's, physically
offset for RHCP.  Using 50 Ohm cable from each antenna (allows you to match
the antenna with an swr meter), run any length--but the same length--to a 50
Ohm coaxial tee.  This will give you 25 Ohms at the output of the tee.  From
the output of the tee connect two 1/4 wl sections of 75 Ohm coax (centers
soldered together).  This coaxial transformer has a nominal impedance of
37.5 Ohms, the exact geometric mean needed to transform 25 Ohms back up to
50 Ohms at the output.  In fact, by careful pruning of the 37.5 Ohm line,
you can get an exact SWR match to 50 Ohms--not something you can do when
trying to use the "conventional" method of running 75 Ohm cable from the
antennas to the tee.

	           50 Ohm cable
	                             |      1/4 wl 37.5 Ohms

50 Ohm cable to rig