From: George Hoffman [mailto:rainbow@shentel.net]
Sent: Monday, March 01, 1999 11:15 AM
To: jbblack@mindspring.com
Cc: amsat-bb@AMSAT.Org
Subject: Re: [amsat-bb] More Station Program Problems -
AAAARRRRGGGGHHHH!!!!

----------
From: jbblack@mindspring.com
To: amsat-bb <amsat-bb@AMSAT.Org>
Cc: Paul Willmott <vp9mu@AMSAT.Org>
Subject: [amsat-bb] More Station Program Problems - AAAARRRRGGGGHHHH!!!!
Date: Sunday, February 28, 1999 12:49 PM

Ok, I copied the SSTV signal from Mir during the 1723-1733Z pass this AM -
this is not a problem.  I haven't yet download from ChromaPix the SSTV
program they have, I was just trying to see if my setup would work to copy
as is.  I found that it does.  Here's my problem:

    I cannot seem to be able to use Station as the author intended.  I go
through the setup on pp.. 33-34 verbatim and I cannot get the radio to tune
using the SAREX/MIR console; however, if I put the same information in the
Full Duplex console, I have no problems.  The only problem with using the
Full Duplex Console is the inability to program PL tones as in the
SAREX/MIR setup.

I am using an IC-821H with the CT-17 control device.  The CT-17 is not an
iCOM product but it works with everything else as does the '821H so I don't
think they are the problem.  I am assuming that I am not setting something
up correctly in Station.

Hi Joel
I too have the same setup and the same problem with SAREX/MIR console.  I
solved the MIR SSTV downlink receive by using the beacon console and
setting it for 145.985.  It can be set for FM and tracks just fine.  Hope
this helps.  No pix this AM on the 1445 Z pass at FM08.

George, W2CID